cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Landry Soules <cayenn...@gmail.com>
Subject Spring light integration
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:07:17 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently working on a web project developped with Wicket and
Cayenne. Everything worked fine but we are now planing to use Spring too.
I've seen the examples on the wiki, but i found it quite complex , since
i don't want to go the DAO way.
Indeed, the only Spring/Cayenne interaction i need is for retrieving
DataContext.
I wrote this in applicationContext.xml:

    <bean id="dataContext" class="org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext"
factory-method="getThreadDataContext" />
    <bean id="customPanel" class="eu.kwark.base.CustomPanel">
        <property name="context" ref="dataContext" />
    </bean>

But when i start my webapp, i get a "java.lang.IllegalStateException:

Is there a way to go while keeping it simple and avoiding DAOs ?

Thanks for your help.

Landry