cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Giulio Cesare Solaroli" <giulio.ces...@gmail.com>
Subject Issuing a debug SQL statement for a given transaction
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:04:56 GMT
Hello,

I am still fighting with the very slow deletion problem I had a few
weeks ago. Now I probably have understood what is causing it.

I have defined most, if not all the constraints in my db schema as
DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED.

In Postgres (but probably also in other DB), this causes the firing of
all the constraint triggers upon commit, making very difficult to
track which one is being too slow.

In order to debug this issue, Postgres can override all the
constraints attributes using the statement SET CONSTRAINTS ALL
IMMEDIATE.

How can I issue this command on the transaction where I am
experiencing the slow down?

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Giulio Cesare