cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler Question
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:59:02 GMT
Hi Dov,

Some objects in cayenne.xml and *.map.xml support a <property> child
tag, so standard XML format is almost suitable for what you are
looking for. Also there is an often-requested and a long-standing
issue [1] to implement support for arbitrary properties for all
mapped objects in the Modeler and runtime. Would be nice if your work
would advance this task as well. (and we need to address it at some
point, I am really embarrassed that we haven't yet).

> Does the Cayenne Modeler have any documentation on where I might
> change
> things or add new functionality.

Not really. But I think it won't be too hard to find your way around.
Please ask questions on the dev list about specific things you want
to do, and somebody should be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks
Andrus

[1] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-400