cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Menard <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Delete rules
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:35:10 GMT
Howdy.

I've just run into an issue with some of my cascading delete rules.  Trying
to reproduce the problem has been difficult because the ordering seems to be
non-deterministic.  Looking at the source, it looks like the delete
operations are stored in a Map that has no internal ordering of the keyset.

DataContextDeleteAction#deleteNew() and
DataContextDeleteAction#deletePersistent() also process the delete rules in
a different order.  As it turns out, it may not matter much.

Is this assessment accurate?  If so, we probably should always process
delete rules first, then the current node, using a DFS to handle the
creation of the delete queries.  If the assessment is not accurate, any help
in understanding what may cause spurious issues with cascading deletes would
be appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Kevin