cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: More on Callbacks!
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:48:23 GMT
We followed JPA spec and implemented PRE_PERSIST to be called when a
new object is registered with the context (i.e. prior to
'commitChanges'). So you you are right - there is no callback for the
new objects right before 'commit'.

I suspect there are cases when this is not sufficient (i.e. when you
need to change object state based on some other objects state that is
only available on commit)... BTW, could you describe your scenario
when you need such callback? Maybe there are other ways around.

Also as a temporary workaround you can use the old "callback"
CayenneDataObject.validateForInsert()

Andrus