cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Persistent+ObjAttribute -> value
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:29:22 GMT

On Oct 26, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Tore Halset wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am not so used to the Persistent interface. How can I get the
> value for a given ObjAttribute in a Persistent object? If the
> Persistent is a DataObject I could use readProperty.
>
> Regards,
>  - Tore.

Yes, there's no common superclass accessors. Instead Cayenne
internally uses ClassDescriptor to access properties. Users can do too:

ClassDescriptor d = context.getEntityResolver().getClassDescriptor
("MyEntity");
Property p = d.getProperty("myProperty");
Object value = p.readProperty(myObject);

Also ClassDescriptor has visitor methods to traverse all class
properties.

Andrus