cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne POJO enhancer
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:58:59 GMT

On Oct 25, 2007, at 6:39 PM, Gilberto C Andrade wrote:

> So, this is a good chance to help cayenne. Or are you suggesting
> another
> one (OpenJPA, Hibernate, TopLink, etc).

Hehe, of course I'll suggest to help Cayenne, but you've been warned ;-)

In other words if that's an offer to work together with Cayenne
developers to address the things missing or broken in the JPA
provider, we will gladly accept such help.

> But, I can map those pojos to jpa config file by hand, can't I?

I am not a Hibernate expert, so I don't know if there's one-to-one
mapping between Hibernate and JPA annotations across the board. But
it appears that there is at least a close match. From your example:

Hibernate:

@hibernate.id generator-class="sequence" column="cdarea" unsaved-
value = "null"
@hibernate.generator-param name = "sequence" value =
"scc.scc_area_sequence"

JPA:

@SequenceGenerator(name="scc_area_sequence",
sequenceName="scc.scc_area_sequence")

Unfortunately this is also an example of an annotation currently
ignored by Cayenne provider (i.e. the one that still needs to be
bridged with Cayenne runtime), so that gives a glimpse of the
limitations you'll have to deal with.

As for the documentation, I suggest the JPA spec [1] for the full
list of annotations. There's also a number of recent books on EJB3
and more specifically JPA.

Andrus

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=220