cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Giulio Cesare Solaroli" <giulio.ces...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimize cascade deletes
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:38:00 GMT
Hello Aristedes,

On 9/23/07, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> On 22/09/2007, at 11:41 PM, Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:
>
> > 15 seconds are a lot of time, but they would be bearable. The problem
> > is that I suppose this time will gradually increase with the growth of
> > the number of records to delete.
>
> That is still about 1000 times the duration I'd expect this to take.
> There is still a significant problem which you might be able to
> identify with some profiling or logging.

[15:21:12] DELETE FROM clipperz.RCRVRS WHERE ID_RCRVRS = ?
[15:21:12] [batch bind: 1433]
[15:21:12] [batch bind: 797]
[....]
[15:21:12] [batch bind: 55637]
[15:21:12] [batch bind: 51363]
[15:21:27] === updated 182 rows.

the above log was generated using these log4j preferencess:

log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger=DEBUG

Is there anything going on on the Cayenne code between the last [batch
bind:xxx] log and the "updated" log?

Is all this time spent on the DB only?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,