cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Likely Spam]Re: jdbc connection information
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:44:08 GMT
Dan, do you use Ant to build your application?  I had a Tapestry
application using Cayenne that had a default DataNode XML file I used
for local testing, but when I ran Ant to build the WAR file, it would
copy an environment-specific DataNode XML file out of
environments/development/....xml (I also had testing, acceptance, and
production directories) to the build directory and package that into
the WAR.  So, depending on how I ran Ant, it would pull a different
DataNode XML file (with different connection settings) to build into
the WAR.  Worked fairly well for me.  (I also had different
.properties files, etc in those target-specific directories.)  Would
that approach work for you, too?

/dev/mrg