cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Postgresql 8.2 and cayenne 2.0.3 - idle connections
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:00:45 GMT
On 9/10/07, Gilberto C Andrade <gilbertoca@secad.to.gov.br> wrote:
> Michael Gentry wrote:
> > Yeah, that doesn't really surprise me, either.  You didn't restart
> > JBoss, did you?
>
> Yes! After that we did an undeploy e deploy of the app.
> But it didn't matter as you could see!

You completely terminated the JBoss process and started it anew?  (The
process ID changed?)  If that is the case, there is something going on
with your DB server not releasing connections.

> >> Other thing shouldn't cayenne "connectionPool" respect the max parameter?
> And again, we didn't understand why it doesn't respect the max parameter.

I believe Cayenne is honoring the max connections parameter.  I looked
at that code a few months ago and believe it is OK.  I think the issue
is most likely in the JDBC driver, JBoss, and/or PostgreSQL.  I'm just
not certain where in that stack.

/dev/mrg