cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Introducing Gozer - Extending DataViews
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 00:52:32 GMT

On 08/09/2007, at 1:22 AM, Adrian Wiesmann wrote:

> Now I would like to get your feedback. If you have a question or some
> comment to make, please drop me a note.

Hi Adrian

Interesting idea, but I'm not clear about exactly what problem it is
solving. Is it:

* increase development speed of creating forms
* allow end user (with XML knowledge) to define their own form layout
* as a type of DirectToSwing (WebObjects style concept) quick way to
mock up applications

The main issue I foresee is having the flexibility to lay out edit
forms exactly as required. Taken to the extreme, you could end up
creating something like Matisse where the entire form design is
stored in XML (although you go further with the data binding of
course). Your example has a very simple box layout style design - do
you intend to take that much further?

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8