cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Optimize cascade deletes
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 00:05:36 GMT

On 22/09/2007, at 2:45 AM, Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:

> In this case, to delete just 68 rows it took more than two minutes,
> but I don't know if this time is spent somewhere inside the cayenne
> code, or if this is simply the time it took PostgreSQL to "physically"
> delete the rows.
>
> Do these details help understanding what is going on?

 From these logs (and I don't use Postgresql so I don't know much
about it), it would appear that the speed issue is inside Postgresql.
I'd recommend trying this without Parallels (postgresql should run OK
in OSX) and seeing what extra logging you can switch on at the
database. mysql has a concept of 'slow-query-log' - perhaps
postgresql has something similar.

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8