cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Lamb (dev)" <al...@mac.com>
Subject Null pointer in Cayenne 2.0.3 code
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:20:18 GMT
Hello list,

We are experimenting a Cayenne crash and wondering how to get around it.

Here is the place of the crash:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cayenne.query.BaseQueryMetadata.resolve
(BaseQueryMetadata.java:97)
	at org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQuery.getMetaData(SelectQuery.java:
151)
	at org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.<init>
(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:69)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.<init>
(DataContextQueryAction.java:46)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1387)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery
(DataContext.java:1376)
	at ch.rodano.msbase.model.Patient.patientWithPKInContext
(Patient.java:30)

I am not certain how to check the line were it crashed (looking at
the code repository on-line does not probably garantee the line
number is the same).

We are simply trying to get a list of objects:

     SelectQuery allPatients = new SelectQuery(Patient.class);
     List patients = dataContext.performQuery(allPatients);

Probably something is wrong with our model, but what? How to find out?
The only different thing we did (which we did already previously) is
that the primary key for Patient is a varchar (String) and is not
hidden in the Java Class.

Thanks for any hints (we regenerated everyting, etc... always the
same crash)

Alex