cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Pointers for JPA integration tutorial
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:57:45 GMT
Hi Shannon,

the reason for the absent tutorial is that the JPA provider is still
work in progress, and we need to plug a few holes in the provider
before it can be considered Alpha and ready for experimentation. But
I decided to write one anyways :-)

   http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/tutorial/cayenne-jpa-
tutorial.tar.gz

See the README.txt file inside the archive for details. Unlike other
Cayenne tutorials it doesn't have a Modeler in the picture (following
JPA philosophy of modeling persistence straight in the code via
annotations). So you'd have to run the schema generation script via
"ij" Derby tool (see README.txt again), and then fire up the app from
Eclipse. Also note that the tutorial includes the latest Cayenne
build from trunk which, compared to 3.0M1, has *much* more capable
EJBQL engine and also fixes a bunch of bugs.

Now the holes I mentioned above. The main one that I can think of
right now is an enhancer bug that prevents relationships use (doh!
that's a big one). I guess once that's fixed, we can declare the
provider to be in the usable alpha state.

Cheers,
Andrus