cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Document Generation
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 14:42:57 GMT
I have converted my entire datasource management over to Cayenne
Modeler and it has made the coordination of the ORM part of my
project one of the easiest and most reliable components to maintain
and evolve.   I have two questions about generating project
documentation:

What is the use-pattern is to document the Entities (i.e. generated
Java classes) so that they will be visible to Javadoc.  (I was
thinking that I could embed comments in the generated sub-classes,
but then I was unsure how that would weather the changes I am making
to the DB schema via Cayenne Modeler, or if that was even the
smartest way to accomplish this.)

I have done some quick research and I can't seem to find a way to
generate ER diagrams.  What tools, if any, are recommended that
generate Entity-Relationship diagrams and are also compatible with
Cayenne?

Thanks,
Joe