cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: ORM Comparison
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:23:49 GMT
Robert,

> Hm...  I recently wrote an app that involved processing large
> numbers of rows
> (to the tune of about 250,000 currently, and sure to increase
> rapidly).
> Granted, I had to code a little more carefully... create "throw
> away" data contexts
> for some operations, etc. But the app runs quite nicely with cayenne.
> What performance issues did you encounter?

Didn't I just recently read a post in which Andrus commented that the
original architecture assumed that persistence objects would *not* be
released until the DataContext is destroyed and garbage collected.  I
*believe* the new version allows more control over the atomic release
of data objects, if I recall.

Could this have any influence on the performance issues that were
reported?

Joe