cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Switching Between Databases
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:11:40 GMT
Malcolm,

OK, you asked for an idea (this is untested):

Java defines a DataSource interface:

	http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/sql/package-
summary.html

Is it possible to drill down and create a connection pool as
described in this link and then set the desired DataSource via the
Cayenne DataNode class during runtime?

	http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/api/cayenne/org/apache/cayenne/
access/DataNode.html#dataSource

A connection-pool  *sounds* like what you are describing.  (Having
said this, there is probably a more elegant connection-pool manager
in one of the Utility classes. :) )

Joe