cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Lendholt" <jlendh...@hotmail.com>
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:26:51 GMT
Hey Folks,

another question:

I created an object via context.newObject(Service.class);

Before I do a context.commitChanges() I check if there are any input errors
in the input fields that should be set to the object. If we encounter an
exception, we abort the creation / editing of the current object.

Now, in the meantime, I take another window to create another object, like
context.newObject(Person.class) and call the context.commitChanges().

Now, the old object, at which the check of the data failed, ist committed as
well.

Is there any method that prevents the commit of an object?
I just found context.unregisterObjects... is this the only possibility to
prevent a commit?

Background:

We have a swing-app using the objects and passing them in constructor calls.
If we encounter any problems upon editing this passed object and commit
changes on another object, all party changed things will be committed as
well, which is unliked by us.

I hope I could explain clearly.

Bye, Jan

Haben Spinnen Ohren? Finden Sie es heraus – mit dem MSN Suche Superquiz via
http://www.msn-superquiz.de  Jetzt mitmachen und gewinnen!