cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Query trivia
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:41:29 GMT
You are free to extend the query in any way you want, as long as it
produces something understood by Cayenne in either 'route' or
'createSQLAction' method. So yeah, you can store parameters in your
custom query, and later bind them via the existing API. Although by
convention query doesn't change its internal state (only the user can
do that), so I would usually clone the query and modify the clone
properties as needed. SelectQuery already has 'queryWithParameters'
that does cloning for you.

Andrus