cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Boshart" <gbosh...@goperiscope.com>
Subject FW: problems with Oracle stored procedure
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:45:11 GMT
After further testing, I wrote a do-nothing stored procedure in Oracle:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE skeleton
IS
BEGIN
  DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Hello World!');
END;
/

This procedure runs fine via JDBC but once again gets stuck in an
endless loop in Cayenne.  I have verified this behavior in Solaris 9 and
Windows 2003 environments.

Thanks,

Greg

________________________________

From: Greg Boshart
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:24 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: RE: problems with Oracle stored procedure

I appreciate the response. It turns out there was already no adapter
specified.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

This sounds very similar to a problem I had last year.  I got an
infinite loop of "updated rows" log messages on Oracle.  See CAY-464 at
https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-464
<https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-464>

Maybe it won't help -- we thought the problem appeared only on an older
version of Oracle -- but it's worth a try.  Clear the Custom Adapter
fields in the modeler.