cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: paged query slow when fetching big lists
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:56:36 GMT
Not to pick on your iMac, which is a nice machine, but the PowerPC
line was notoriously bad at running Java (G5 better than the G4,
obviously).  If you tried this on an Intel box, I suspect your speed
improvement would be even better (I'm guessing a good portion of your
10 seconds is in the Java GUI).  When I went from a G4 PowerBook to a
MacBook Pro, I saw over an order of magnitude in improvement.  Eclipse
actually became usable instead of a lurching monster.  (Really,
Andrus, I don't know how you got so much Java work done on your old
PowerBook!)  I probably shouldn't ramble before I wake up in the
morning ... :-)

/dev/mrg