cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Øyvind Harboe" <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Re: Relationships across databases
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:18:37 GMT
On 6/21/07, Juergen Saar <juergen@jsaar.org> wrote:
> I'm using Cayenne in a project where we have millions of rows
> in most tables of the database, and my personal nightmare
> is seeing how cayenne is disturbed by such things,
> that should be kept on database side and never
> should be part of an object-relational mapping framework

I see. Our main challenge are screwed up database schemas and database
engines. Without Cayenne's flexibility in this area, we couldn't have
used Cayenne.

W.r.t. foreign key references, my problem is that I don't know how to
implement a get/set relationship methods in the CayenneDataObject
subclasses in a way that works for uncommitted changes.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit