cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Relationships across databases
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:39:52 GMT

On Jun 21, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

>  but there's no reason that Cayenne could not attempt to
> solve it down the road.

+1. I think we can devise a sensible algorithm along the following
lines:

* Split the qualifier into DB-specific parts
* Fetch the root entity with its own qualifier (obtained above)
* Add prefetches for all cross-DB relationships.
* Iterate through the result list in-memory applying remaining
qualifiers, filtering matching objects.

This obviously won't scale to very large result sets, but it can
still be useful.

Jira anyone?

Andrus