cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Fredrik Liden" <fli...@translate.com>
Subject RE: Common attributes in the model
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:08:35 GMT
I think you may not be talking about the same thing?

Malcolm, we can configure it so the classes extend a specified
superclass and add basic general functionality. But any attributes that
are listed in that superclass can they really be persisted with Cayenne?

That would require some form of mapping of those common attributes to
DBEntities somewhere? and more complex database generation. How would
all classes inheriting those attributes know to add those attributes to
their individual DBEntity or/and add code to the table creation
statements?

I'd be interested to know if this is possible too. I have date_created,
and created_by, date_modified, and modified_by in many tables.

Thanks,
Fredrik

-----Original Message-----
From: yongbl [mailto:i_yongbl@yahoo.com.sg]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:37 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: Common attributes in the model

Hi Malcolm,

  After setting the superclass, I tried to generate the database schema.
But the attributes in the superclass is not reflected in the schema.
  Do I have to manually add to the database the common attributes? If
so, then settting the superclass didn't offers any time saving since i
still need to add the common attributes :(

  Regards,
  James

Malcolm Edgar <malcolm.edgar@gmail.com> wrote:
  No there is not.