cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Identity PK value
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:32:16 GMT
It's relatively easy to build your own custom PK generator, using
whatever logic you want.
Take a look at the various database implementations for examples, such
as the OpenBase one.

On 6/14/07, Marc Gabriel-Willem
<marc.gabriel-willem@side-international.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> We have a problem regarding the PK value access.
>
> My db schema and my business logic require me to get the next identity
> of a particular table before inserting the new record.
>

> We must use the identity column defined at the table level (cannot use a
> stored procedure + pk specific table management).
>

> May be the PkGenerator class could be useful for us, but it seems a
> stored procedure is required (not a good option for us).
>

> So, is there a way to get the current identity value (+ 1) defined on a
> particular table using cayenne ?
>
> We know this is not a good practise, but we cannot change our model
> easily.
>

> Thank you in advance for your help.
>

> Marc Gabriel

> CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the recipient(s) only. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the sender immediately and destroy the material whether stored on a computer
or otherwise.

> DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of SIDE International S.A. - EastNets Group,
unless otherwise specifically stated.