cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Select Query on Table with no Primary Key
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:04:51 GMT
On Jun 6, 2007, at 16:12 , Dave Merrin wrote:

> I'm trying to run a SelectQuery on a table with no primary key.
> Unfortunately it's not working. Can anybody help? I have no control
> over the database so I can't add in primary keys.

As you know the PK are essential not only to update a row, but to
make sure a single row maps to a single DataObject in your context.

Some database engines do have a unique invisible column. If your
database does this, then perhaps you could map that column as your
primary key? What database engine are you using?

Regards,
  - Tore.