cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: SQLTemplate not faulting an object
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:41:24 GMT

On Jun 5, 2007, at 7:36 PM, Bryan Lewis wrote:

> However, they wouldn't be a cure-all.

I guess it should work cross DB, as it will convert the result to the
case mapped in Cayenne model (regardless of the DB default).

> I'd still need an occasional database check in my SQLTemplate-building
> code for other differences like 'limit' versus 'rownum'.

You probably know that already, but just in case I wanted to point
out that the same SQLTemplate instance can hold syntax for multiple
dialects, so you can generate the syntax for ALL db's you plan to
support, and let Cayenne to pick the right one at runtime.

Andrus