cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "marco turchi" <marco.tur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UTF8 problem
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 18:43:20 GMT
To be honest I do not understand which is the right encoding of my data.
If I type "status", i obtain that server, db, connection and client
are latin1, but if I type "show full columns from FeedsAll;", I
obtain:
| summary       | longtext     | utf8_general_ci | YES  |
| description   | longtext     | utf8_general_ci | YES  |

My idea is that the data are encoding UTF8 inside the table, but when
Cayenne creates a connection, all the data that pass through that
connection are encoding latin1. Is it right?

Thanks a lot
Marco