cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: How to set setEndToEndMetrics through Cayenne
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:59:02 GMT
Right, I overlooked that aspect. Still I think you can get access to
the Oracle connection intercepting the Connection creation in a
different place. The trick is to use the following PoolManager
constructor in the factory:

   public PoolManager(ConnectionPoolDataSource, int, int, String,
String)

and for ConnectionPoolDataSource do something like this:

    // subclass DriverDataSource to intercept connection creation
    DriverDataSource driverDS = new DriverDataSource(jdbcDriver,
dataSourceUrl) {
	 public Connection getConnection(String userName, String password)
throws SQLException {
                OracleConnection c = super.getConnection(userName,
password);
                c.setEndToEndMetrics(...);
                return c;
	 }
    }

    ConnectionPoolDataSource poolDS = new PoolDataSource(driverDS);

Andrus

On Jun 12, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Daniel Uribe wrote:

> Andrus,
>
> We are pursuing this idea, but unfortunately it seems that the
> connection
> object returned from the wrapped data source (in this case, the
> wrapped data
> source is a PoolManager) is a ConnectionWrapper object. I can't find a
> method in that class to retrieve the native OracleConnection to be
> able to
> call the 'setEndToEndMetrics' method on it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel
>

> Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>> The other day I posted a DataSource customization advice in reply to
>> a different question:
>>
>>     http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/
>> 2007/06/0039.html
>>
>> This approach (custom DataSourceFactory, that instantiates a
>> DataSource wrapper that in turn would call 'setEndToEndMetrics' on
>> every returned connection) is applicable for your case as well.
>>
>> Andrus
>>
>> P.S. Custom DataSource is a solution to like 80% of the environment
>> integration problems. Probably need to write a detailed article on
>> that under the user guide at http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/
>> customizing.html
>>

>> On Jun 8, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Srinivas Chinthalapudi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>   In our project GLIN we would like to have a debugging mechanism
>>> and hence
>>> would like to pass user object or userID to be passed into the
>>> connection as
>>> a parameter, this can be done using the method setEndToEndMetrics
>>> in =
>>> oracle.jdbc.OracleConnectionWrapper. But I do not find a way in