cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder <Peter.Schroe...@freenet-ag.de>
Subject AW: Unit testing web apps
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:39:17 GMT
hi kevin,

i think that testing the ui is a very important part for a good quality web-application. it
also helps understanding the webapp for new developers or reminding you of things that have
been implemented in a sloppy way. it is poor that in most cases i dont take the time to write
some tests on that...

kind regards
peter

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kevin Menard [mailto:kmenard@servprise.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007 20:34
An: user@cayenne.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Unit testing web apps

I have to disagree here.  While they are a pain in the neck to maintain,
our selenium tests have turned up numerous problems.  Just recently we
discovered a problem with using a shared data cache on certain objects.
It also helps tests session-bound contexts.

Since Selenium uses an XPath-like syntax for DOM navigation, you can
write tests that generally work even after UI changes.

--
Kevin