cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder <Peter.Schroe...@freenet-ag.de>
Subject AW: Unit testing web apps
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 06:34:51 GMT
hi fredrik,

we use simple junit tests for testing the service layer of our webapps. in the service layer
we receive a datacontext via the cayenne servlet-listener using DataContext.getThreadedDataContext().
so we do a DataContext.bindThreadedDataContext(newContext) in the setup-method of the unit-test.

for testing the webapp there are several possibilites: html-unit, selenium ...

kind regards
peter

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Fredrik Liden [mailto:fliden@translate.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007 02:47
An: user@cayenne.apache.org
Betreff: Unit testing web apps

Do you have any recommendations/guide lines for testing a Cayenne web
application. Do I need a combination of cactus for the web pages and
jUnit for the service layer and data objects? Would I be able to access
the cayenne data context from within the setup and tear down functions.
Or should I consider this testing as a completely separate application
from the current web app since the test is not running as a servlet and
can't get the context from there? How do you guys test your apps?

Thanks!
Fredrik