cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Menard" <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject RE: Duplicates in to-many relationships
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:12:29 GMT
While this is true, I always thought a ToManyList really should be an
ordered set.  I must admit, I was a bit perplexed the first time I ended
up with duplicates in one of my lists, but found the DB inserts were
correct.  I actually had one Web app where it wasn't clear how
duplicates were getting in at all, so I wrote an
EnhancedCayenneDataObject that specifically disallowed duplicates being
added.  A bit of a performance hit, for sure, but the underlying data
model matched the DB much more accurately and I only paid the price when
calling on of the add-to-list methods.

--
Kevin