cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Lamb (dev)" <al...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Duplicates in to-many relationships
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:24:21 GMT
Well, although it works, I still have a small problem.

When you do a "setAnObject" even if it does "magically" handle the
"addTo", it does so without calling the public "addToMyList" function.

This means I can't add some logic to the addTo function (I need to
perform some calculation each time a new object is added to the list.

So either I find some sort of "objectWasAddedToRelationship" delegate
message, or I will need to trigger the calculation also from the
"setAnObject" side.

To answer directly your question, I do need sometimes a sorted list
but I usually don't touch the to-many relation. I simply create a new
function which sorts the to-many list. In order to boost performance,
I do keep an ArrayList variable which is calculated once and only
reset when the to-many list changes. Another reason to need to be
able to access the addToMyList when I can reset my calculated sorted
list.

Alex