cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Wikipedia Cayenne page is gone
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:56:40 GMT

On 06/06/2007, at 1:14 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Apache_Cayenne
>
> This page on Wikipedia has been deleted recently. Prior to deletion
> I noticed a comment posted on the page for some time mentioning
> that the page was a copy of Cayenne website instead of an
> encyclopedia-style article written from an "independent" point of
> view. Anybody wants to have a shot at rewriting this article
> following Wikipedia guidelines?
>
> BTW, there's lots of links to this (now non-existent) page from
> Wikipedia, as it appears in the Apache Software Foundation box on
> many other Apache pages.
>
> Andrus

Humph. I did that in the first instance and linked it in from a
number of places in wikipedia. If they want 'independent' maybe they
need someone who has never used Cayenne to write the page. That would
be the wikipedia-style approach... :-(

I'll have a go at reinstating it and change a few words.

Ari

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8