cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marek Wawrzyczny <marek_wawrzyc...@internode.on.net>
Subject Re: Java Client
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:57:01 GMT
Hi Florijan,

I was involved with a Swing client/server project a while back that utilised
the Remote Object Persistence part of Cayenne. We used ROP at its very early
stage so we had a few niggling issues but overall I have to say I was/am very
impressed with the speed at which one can setup the object model and get
solid results.

We were able to develop MVC patterns that allowed us to build custom widgets
which were "wired" into Cayenne. Once we devised an event driven mechanism
for exchanging data, all one would need to do is set a Cayenne object within
the controller and staticly tell the widgets which properties they represent.
Data input/output and validation is sent using events.

I know that the team has since done a lot more work, especially with
the 'trigger-like' functionality of Cayenne's ROP.

The project took a fair amount of work but keep in mind that for most of the
participants it was the first real Swing application and an extremely
ambitious one at that. Cayenne integration took a fair bit of the development
time but mostly because it was in its early stages and because we were (and
the team still is) pushing the framework to its limits.

I very strongly recommend Cayenne and ROP.

Cheers,

Marek Wawrzyczny