cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Automatically managing last_modif_date and modified_by columns
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:41:14 GMT

On 22/06/2007, at 7:41 PM, Thomas Gilbert wrote:

> Is it the right way to achieve this ? Are they other ways ?

We are doing exactly that (saving the modified datetime) with Cayenne
3.0 and the new lifecycle callback feature. The current trunk builds
(or pick a recent milestone) are very stable and we've had no problem
at all running it in production. For us lifecycle callbacks was one
of the main reasons we moved our production systems from 2.0 to 3.0
some time ago.

Ari Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8