cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Wells" <websyst...@gmail.com>
Subject Obtaining DataContext in ZK
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 04:23:07 GMT
Hi,

I've been playing with the ZK (www.zkoss.org) framework for building AJAX
apps, and so far have found it rather impressive and easy to use.

Having hit my first roadblock now is getting DataContext, as each ZK request
runs in a separate thread (see:
http://www.zkoss.org/smalltalks/zkacegi/zkacegi.dsp
) I think this is the problem why I can't get DC
with WebApplicationContextFilter and DataContext.getThreadDataContext ().  I
get  "IllegalStateException: Current thread has no bound DataContext."

Looking into src for DataContext I see this comment // TODO: Andrus,
11/7/2005 - should we use InheritableThreadLocal instead?

So I subclassed DataContext and overrode the :
ThreadLocal threadDataContext

to be

InheritableThreadLocal threadDataContext

changed WebApplicationContextFilter to call my subclassed DataContext and
bingo it works.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this kind of thing before?  I would
raise a JIRA issue but I'm not yet confident that this is the 100% correct
solution.

Steve