cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Obtaining DataContext in ZK
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 12:50:57 GMT
A note on DC thread-safety. With a few bug fixes that came out in
2.0.3, DC is fully tread-safe in a read-only situation. In a read/
write situation DC is still technically thread-safe, but in practice
at least two types of race conditions can happen:

* Two or more threads updating the same DataObject (i.e. DataObjects
are not thread-safe)
* Two or more threads issuing "commit" or "rollback"

BTW, I like "one DC per session, one child DC per request" approach
to solving the problem, but I am yet to try this in a heavily loaded
read/write app.

Thanks
Andrus

P.S. Should we keep CAY-791 around as a bug, i.e. is there a
framework-level solution to that, other than better documentation?
Thoughts?