cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Gabriel-Willem" <marc.gabriel-wil...@side-international.com>
Subject RE: Stored procedure question ?
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 07:53:15 GMT
Hello,

I removed the first parameter and the "returningValue" flag ... and
indeed it is working properly. I'm really surprised because I used the
"reengineer database schema" function to create the mapping file.

Is it a problem from the modeler?

I've another question for you.

In MS sqlserver, we have the following stored procedure:

CREATE procedure [dbo].[spTestGet2] @rs_cursor CURSOR VARYING OUTPUT
AS
SET  @rs_cursor = CURSOR FOR select id, data, lastupdate, description
from tTest
OPEN @rs_cursor
GO

Following mapping has been done using the modeler:
<procedure name="spTestGet2" schema="dbo" catalog="spp"
returningValue="true">
		<procedure-parameter name="@RETURN_VALUE" type="INTEGER"
length="4"/>
		<procedure-parameter name="@rs_cursor" type="INTEGER"
length="4" direction="in_out"/>
</procedure>

By the way, for the "@return_value", I've the following warning: missing
direction.

I removed the first parameter in order to fix that warning.
Nevertheless, the performGenericQuery function throws an exception:
ProcedureQuery query = new ProcedureQuery("spTestGet2");
QueryResponse result = context.performGenericQuery(query);

The exception:
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Operand type clash: int is
incompatible with cursor

For information, I'm using the "JTDS 1.2" driver.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Marc