cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do I read group records?
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 01:30:09 GMT
Here's an example.  Maybe it'll help.

    private Integer fetchDocumentNumberAutoIncrement() {
        String defaultSql = "SELECT #result('max(DOCUMENT_NUMBER)+1'
'long' 'ID') FROM ENG_WORK_MGMT.AUTHORIZATION_DOCUMENT";
    	String oracleSql = "SELECT
#result('SEQ_AuthDocDocumentNumber.NextVal' 'long' 'ID') FROM DUAL";

        SQLTemplate rawSelect = new SQLTemplate(getClass(), defaultSql);
        rawSelect.setTemplate(OracleAdapter.class.getName(), oracleSql);
        rawSelect.setFetchingDataRows(true);

        List list = getDataContext().performQuery(rawSelect);
        Map row = (Map)list.get(0);

        Number autoincrementID = (Number)row.get("ID");

        return new Integer(autoincrementID.intValue());
	}