cayenne-user mailing list archives

From medips <med...@mac.com>
Subject Java Persistence API and o/r mapping metadata in JEE5 versus Cayenne?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 20:59:02 GMT
I'm a newbie in JEE5 and Cayenne but developed with WebObjects from
2002 to 2005.
At first by reading the Java EE 5 Tutorial it appears that using
annotations and other facilities it is easy to set up the object/
relational mapping in JEE5. So I would get a better picture to
compare Cayenne with the standard JEE5 technology (which includes the
Persistence API, the query language, Object/relational mapping
metadata). Is Cayenne another way to do the mapping? Is the existance
of Cayenne due to the lack of the current JEE5 facilities at start of
the Cayenne project? What are the advantages and disadvantages of
both methods?
Thanks to all the experts of both approaches!