cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Should localObject() traverse the whole graph?
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 19:36:22 GMT

On May 18, 2007, at 8:13 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> The section in the docs titled "Moving Objects Between Contexts"
> may be
> better named as well.

Agreed. The "moving" emphasis is wrong.

> Maybe the correct solution is to
> finally make it possible to associate two unregistered data objects
> and
> then only bring the DC into the mix once the data is all set . . .

Yes. I advocated for some time aligning Cayenne context API with JPA
in this respect, that defines two methods for sucking a non-
persistent object graph into a context - "persist", which is roughly
the same as "registerNewObject", and "merge", which is somewhat
similar to "localObject", but works recursively.

Andrus