cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Menard" <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Should localObject() traverse the whole graph?
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 16:32:07 GMT
Hi,

I've just noticed that localObject does not traverse whole graph of the
object moving to the new DC.  Is this by design, due to computational
complexity, or a bug?

Just to illustrate the "problem":

Given three data objects {A, B, C}, registered with the following data
contexts:

DC1: A (committed)
DC2: B (new, modified) C (new, modified)

Such that B and C have a to-one relationship.  A and B also required a
relationship, but are in separate DCs.  So, move B to DC1 via
localObject.  After that, we have:

DC1: A B
DC2: C?

The relationship between B & C is clobbered.  I haven't debugged enough
to see if C is still in DC2 or not.  All handles to DC2 are effectively
destroyed in the normal code, so I'd have to add additional code to deal
with it.

Anyway, I know how to workaround it, but am wondering whether this is
something that should go into JIRA or if it's something that won't
change.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Menard