cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:10:51 GMT
Yeah, it is quite a bit strange, which is why I chalked it up to Sybase.
:-)

I never could identify a cause.  I thought at first it might be due to the
DB server reboots (I'm not sure why they do that, but they reboot everything
once/week), but Cayenne would auto-reconnect (since the connection died) to
the DB and keep on going.  The few times the issue has happened, I'd login
and watch the logs and keep trying to do inserts and the SQL looked perfect,
but nothing was actually getting inserted.  No exceptions, either.  Since it
is a low-volume internal support application, I didn't care too much and
restarting it was pretty easy.  Maybe not the best solution, but the most
expedient at the time.

/dev/mrg