cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject AUto PK/ how to desactivate
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:39:17 GMT
Hi all,
I'd like to trigger off the auto pk generation? I don't see how to do that ?
Is it possible ?

I 've got a small schema with a map.xml  contents like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<data-map project-version="2.0">
        <property name="defaultPackage" value="data.dbcayenne"/

        <property name="defaultSchema" value="dbo"/>
        <db-entity name="ztextTestT" schema="dbo" catalog="KplusLocal1">
                <db-attribute name="entry_id" type="INTEGER"
isPrimaryKey="true" isMandatory=
"true" length="10"/>
                <db-attribute name="ztext" type="LONGVARBINARY"
isMandatory="true" length="21
47483647"/>
        </db-entity>
        <obj-entity name="ZtextTestT" className="data.dbcayenne
.ZtextTestT" dbEntityName="ztextTestT">
                <obj-attribute name="ztext" type="dao.impl.cayenne.ZTextType"
db-attribute-path="ztext"/>
        </obj-entity>
</data-map>

I'd like to have a PK strategy a la 'Hibernate assigned' where I 'll provide
the key..
(I can't make many things on the database managed by my customers, so I'd
like to be as transparent as possible)

Thanks
Jerome
--