cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation error/ API consistency / Commons Collections Bug
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:10:00 GMT
2007/4/5, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>:

> DataRow is a subclass of HashMap, so there's no problem with using
> Map.

yes thanks but saw it already it in javadoc

You only need to typecast the result to DataRow if you want to
> use one of the methods specific to DataRow, or if you call a method
> that requires a DataRow.

yes you 're right but in the API the DataRow type is quite allways necessary
so FOR ME, API could be more consistant and user friendly if there was no
need to explicit cast and if the method getDatRow returned a DataRow and not
like now a Map...

Jerome