cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:46:36 GMT
2007/4/4, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>:

> Hi Jerome,
>
> I hope you don't mind that I am taking my reply back to the list to
> explain the line between free and commercial support for Cayenne.
> First - my proposal to help you as a consultant is not a business
> model! This is just reflecting a fact that there is only so much time
> a small developer community can dedicate to helping with specific
> user projects.

It's clear from my point of view...but regarding different answers in this
thread, I 'm not  totally convinced  that my problems are  just users
problems...

Cayenne works with Sybase. All releases are tested against Sybase,

interesting should be developped...

and I am planning to do some testing again soon, when I get access to
> a Sybase instance. If you can demonstrate that this is a bug in
> Cayenne (which I am not yet convinced), we'll be glad to fix it.

if you don't hs have any server available it will be hard isn't it ?
i'll try to setup a testcase for showing these problems... if I can
reproduce them with determinism

The line between what can and what can't be done as a free support is
> pretty fuzzy,

like many lines in fact -)

but asking to debug a fairly complex setup on your
> hardware IMO crosses this line... unless there are more indicators
> that this is a Cayenne bug, not the driver bug or not the bug in your
> code. Please understand - there are many users, so there is a limit
> in personalized help.

no problem with that...
no stress....
my only desire was to try to improve your product thinking that you  did'nt
have any Sybase server...
Not the case ? forget my email....-)
Cheers
Jerome