cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:27:42 GMT
2007/4/3, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>:

> That is strange :-/ And looks like a low-level JDBC issue. I've never
> seen it on any other DB (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL; I haven't used
> Sybase in production in a while). Still worth trying the thread dump,
> as Jerome's log output shows no "commit transaction" message, so I do
> believe it is stuck somehow.

latest news, I didn't nothing since last night and the transaction is now
committed...
But I get strange NPE in working code.....
I need determinism.. (I 'm using the JTDS driver now)
one big difference is that now : cayenne uses the generic db adapter because
the JDBC driver doesn't understand the meta data returned from db...

this is the last trace from my code...
java] INFO  RuntimeLoadDelegate - loaded datasource.
     [java] INFO  RuntimeLoadDelegate - no adapter set, using automatic
adapter.
     [java] INFO  RuntimeLoadDelegate - loaded map-ref: ReverseKdbMap.
     [java] INFO  RuntimeLoadDelegate - finished configuration loading in
613 ms.
     [java] INFO  SelectDaemon - daemon is properly configured now..
     [java] INFO  SelectDaemon - begin of the big loop..
     [java] INFO  CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - Finding currency using id = 105
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - --- will run 1 query.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - Opening connection:
jdbc:jtds:sybase://dune:4132/KplusLocal1;user=sa;password=motdepasse
     [java]     Login: null
     [java]     Password: *******
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - +++ Connecting: SUCCESS.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - --- transaction started.
     [java] INFO  DbAdapterFactoryChain - DB name: sql server
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - Failed to detect database type, using
default adapter
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - SELECT t0.AggregationCurrency,
t0.AllowFixing, t0.FixingAskSpread, t0.FixingBidSpread, t0.IsIslamic,
t0.IsLocal, t0.OISRoundingConv, t0.Currencies_Id FROM dbo.CurrenciesLocT t0
WHERE t0.Currencies_Id = ? [bind: 105] - prepared in 42 ms.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - === returned 1 row. - took 123 ms.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - +++ transaction committed.
     [java] INFO  CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - fetched the Currencies by ID..N
[java] Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException

So at this point I can't give more clues, I 'll switch back to JConnect and
I'll see..

Cheers
jerome

Andrus