cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:35:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm doing a proof of concepts of several tricky usage from orm , one of the
2 implementations is Cayenne...
I've one scenario where 3 process (stand-alone Java applications) use the
same table on db and communicate via Tibco rendez vous...
It works fine with Hibernate, but I 've got several problems with cayenne...
latest one is while updating one object in one of these applications,
invoking commitChanges() on my context, nothing happens..
the query logger shows me a trans begin, the right update query but this
transaction is never committed
strange isn't it ?
This is the output (excerpt )from my process trying to update one entity:

[java] INFO  QueryLogger - +++ Connecting: SUCCESS.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - --- transaction started.
     [java] INFO  DbAdapterFactoryChain - DB name: Adaptive Server
Enterprise
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - Detected and installed adapter:
org.apache.cayenne.dba.sybase.SybaseAdapter
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - SELECT t0.AggregationCurrency,
t0.AllowFixing, t0.FixingAskSpread, t0.FixingBidSpread, t0.IsIslamic,
t0.IsLocal, t0.OISRoundingConv, t0.Currencies_Id FROM dbo.CurrenciesLocT t0
WHERE t0.Currencies_Id = ? [bind: 105] - prepared in 37 ms.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - === returned 1 row. - took 71 ms.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - +++ transaction committed.
     [java] INFO  CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - before update isIslamicChar set
to = Y
     [java] INFO  CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - after update this filed is now
set to = N
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - --- will run 1 query.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - --- transaction started.
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - UPDATE dbo.CurrenciesLocT SET IsIslamic = ?
WHERE Currencies_Id = ?
     [java] INFO  QueryLogger - [bind: 'N', 105]

druid shows me that the tranaction is never committed, like one of the other
applications lauching as a daemon a query on this table (does not show any
update because there are not..)

Any clue ?
cheers
jerome