cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hook in the cayenne internals
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:05:49 GMT
2007/4/2, Tore Halset <halset@pvv.ntnu.no>:

> On Apr 2, 2007, at 11:02, jerome moliere wrote:
>
> > CREATE TABLE PAITINGS_TBL(painting_id int primary key,painting_data
> > bytea);
> >
> > CREATE TABLE ARTISTS_BIO(artist_id int primary key, artist_text_bio
> > bytea);
> >

> > in this schema 2 tables with 2 BLOB fields, the first one is simply
> > the JPEG
> > while the second is a long text with all the artist bio...
> >
> > The extendedtype could permit me to change the Cayenne behavior but
> > for all
> > bytea fields isn't it ?
>
> No. You can map painting_data to Image and create an ExtendedType to
> handle Image. Your artist_text_bio should perhaps be of type text
> instead of bytea?

hi tore,
your no sounds to be a yes isn't it ?
this was just an example... but the underlying question was is there a way
to have a more specialized mapping in order to have consistent mappings not
ones lit previously shown where 2 fields will be handled in a same manner
while they should not ..

thanks
jerome
--